The Jacobson Institute (JI) with the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center (JPEC) in the Henry B. Tippie College of Business seeks a permanent Marketing Specialist. This position is responsible for all marketing efforts for the Jacobson Institute, including, but not limited to national branding for the Jacobson Institute, and program-specific marketing for Jacobson Institute programs' BizInnovator, STEM Innovator, Innovator Competition, Camp CEO and all events. Job duties include, but are not limited to the following: developing marketing strategy, marketing plans, brand management, project management, implementation research and analysis, and financial responsibility. Additional duties include development of digital and social marketing campaigns, including website content and management, online ads and email marketing, as well as direct marketing to prospective customers through print publications and targeted campaigns through traditional and new media. This person may also supervise student interns and temporary staff, collaborate with JI director, faculty, and program managers to develop and implement program events and materials, and regularly meet and collaborate with program coordinators across campus to ensure message consistency and visibility. This person is responsible for strategic and successful news placement and dissemination across all channels, including websites, social media, publications and external news platforms. In addition, this position is responsible for administering award payments, assistance with managing project budgets, and tracking program metrics to measure impact and for reporting. Finalists will be asked to bring a sample portfolio and outline a brief marketing plan for an event or program during the interview.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Develop overall strategic marketing plan integrating all JI programs into JI national brand
* Develop strategic marketing plan for all JI programs, including but not limited to BizInnovator, STEM Innovator, Innovator Competition, Camp CEO
* Define analytics and tracking mechanisms to forecast and implement action plan
* Forecast national impact (i.e. teachers and students served, community partners) and revenue generated (license fees, undergraduate tuition, graduate tuition, certification fees)
* Determine requirements, develop and implement action plan(s) using metrics from prior results based on financial and strategic goals
* Coordinate development of cohesive product line with web, designer, intern(s), and others as needed
* Tactical skills may be needed including copywriting, design and database management
* Stay abreast of current trends in communication, marketing and design
* Implement overall strategic marketing plan integrating ALL JI products into JI national brand
o This will involve testing different approaches/methods, analyzing results, maximizing success based on metrics
* Manage projects ranging from program recruitment (email campaigns, web marketing, targeted messaging), exam scheduling and grading, onsite program delivery (staffing, customer experience, materials).
* Lead JI customer life-cycle and customer communication flow for multiple customer segments, ranging from prospect to loyal multi-product user
* Assist with ongoing development and maintenance of online products
* Management of customer service efforts relating to product line
* Assist in development and manage brand for ALL JI products
* Contribute to brand consistency in all projects and across programs
* Monitor and report on marketing trends for K-12 education
* Contribute to messaging and positioning strategies for JI products and JI national
Research and Analysis
* Provide ongoing feedback for the Jacobson Institute and its products (including surveys, focus groups, test markets)
* Analyze, recommend and implement future improvements for the Jacobson Institute and its products
* Use metrics to analyze campaigns, their impact and ROI
Operational and Financial Responsibility
* Assist in monitoring program budgets (tracking expenses, identifying ways to leverage resources)
* Forecast revenues and expenses based on the strategic goals and established plan
* Recommend adjustments to be made as appropriate including necessary changes in implementation
* Coordinate and/or administer the operational and/or financial activities associated with the program.
* Analyze program data and develop reports and oversee activities.
* May provide functional and/or administrative supervision of staff
* Provide direction, duties, feedback, coaching to ensure outcomes are achieved.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Typically 1-3+ years in a marketing career or marketing communications
* Demonstrated experience in successful project management.
* Proven attention to detail and extensive ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities
* Strong analytical and organizational skills in planning and prioritizing
* Extensive knowledge and application of oral and written communication techniques and ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
* Working knowledge of marketing channels that may include advertising, web and social media
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
* Valid driver's license and ability to meet and maintain UI Fleet Safety Standards
* Ability to work weekend or evening hours and travel overnight as required by the schedule of activities
* Demonstrated ability to interact positively with a diverse population.
* Master of Business Administration or Masters in Marketing or related field
* Experience introducing new products to market, highly desired
* Extensive experience (3 years or more) in a marketing career with project management
* Experience working in the education market
* Experience with digital marketing - development and evaluation of campaigns
* Basic understanding entrepreneurship and small business development
* Working knowledge of tools and techniques for project management:
o Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
o Campaign Management tools (i.e. Constant Contact)
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Internal Number: 20001487_1581432062
About University of Iowa
With over 31,000 students, the University of Iowa is one of the nation's top public research universities, a member of the Big Ten conference and the Association of American Universities. The University of Iowa is composed of eleven colleges and is known around the world for its balanced commitment to the arts, sciences, and humanities. It is home to one of the nation's largest academic medical centers and the pioneering Iowa Writers' Workshop. The University of Iowa promotes work/life integration and is located in the casual yet cosmopolitan environment of Iowa City, widely recognized as one of the country's most livable communities.