You’re not likely to find another company like Vermeer. Our people are from all walks of life in locations around the world, rolling up our sleeves and getting tough work done every day. Together. We’re a family-owned and operated company with an unmatched culture, one that is built on the belief that every Vermeer team member has real, personal impact – on our people, our customers and our world. Whoever you are and where you are in your career, Vermeer helps you be Equipped to Do MoreTM.
The Market and Business Insights Manager partners with industry experts, leaders within Vermeer, prospects and current customers to provide guidance and direction to any aspect of the business that requires such data and analysis for strategic and/or tactical decision making. This position builds a culture of customer and market satisfaction by promoting research at the front end of product development and during the decision making processes; this may include compiling, recommending and summarizing disruptive and/or parallel innovation for the business to explore. This role identifies all pertinent data and then gathers and directs the optimal storing and analytics of the data to better understand opportunities, risks, and needs associated with new markets, technologies, features, and/or services. The Market and Business Insights Manager develops postmortem analytics to understand trends regarding customer buying cycles, product performance, market projections and economic factors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Lead, manage, and develop market and business insights (MBI) team while building out the team’s global mindset and competency. Develop strategic integration of MBI team throughout the business and manage resources needed to execute. Assist team with project management and customer consultation.
2. Consult with and analyze data sources such as current and potential customers, non-customers, product performance, market size and share, trade association activity, as well as trends within government agencies, investors, institutions, and industry collaborators. Evaluate the data to understand opportunities, risks, and needs, associated with potential new markets, new technologies, new features, and/or new services.
3. Apply customer and market insights in a strategic manner, while providing leadership and direction to peers and reports. Recommend sound and actionable approaches to solve business problems (tactical and strategic in nature) through visuals - i.e. graphs, reports, and summaries which can be used to effectively articulate and communicate the research and analysis.
4. Drive MBI activities by promoting and further integrating current market driven tools/processes into the product development and company planning processes as well as in the enterprise risk management program; this may include disruptive/parallel innovation trends, strategic voice of customer, and product voice of customer, customer experience index, net promoter score, market share metrics and economic market statistical impact projections.
5. Analyze new markets, products, features, services, and unmet needs from customer feedback. Establish and utilize filter process to enable selection and deselection criteria.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management or Mathematics - Statistics.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in market intelligence, strategic planning, or product development.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate timely, accurate and useful market data to business units.
- Ability to contribute to strategy development with business units.
- Ability to produce accurate, professional and error-free documents in a timely manner.
- Ability to provide accurate, insightful and intuitive analysis and communication of market research data.
- Knowledge of diverse business practices, market techniques, segmentation and economics.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- Ability to analyze data and interpret strategic opportunities from facts.
- Ability to manage bias and opinion among diverse personalities and audiences to ensure strategic direction matches market needs.
- Ability to manage staff in the performance of duties such that performance meets or exceeds expectations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Market research certification preferred.
Up to 30% domestic and/or international travel by car or plane may be required.
Iowa State University Research Park is a 220+ acre development with more than 550,000 square feet of current building space. We are located in Ames, Iowa, just south of the Iowa State University campus. We connect tenants with resources they need to profit from their research, including facilities, expertise, technology, financing, recruiting and more. ISU Research Park is an innovation community ...and incubator for new and expanding businesses. The Park also assists startup Iowa-based companies develop their potential and nurtures scientific and technological entrepreneurial ventures.