Integrated Enrollment Marketing Specialist
The George Mason University Office of Integrated Enrollment Marketing Communications within the Office of the Provost invites applications for an Integrated Enrollment Marketing Specialist. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The incumbent will provide guidance for and management of enrollment marketing efforts, including print collateral, trigger e-mail campaigns, social media, enrollment department Web sites and digital advertising campaigns. This position will have primary responsibility for documenting annual strategic communication plans to achieve undergraduate and graduate enrollment targets, as well as those for a number of specialized academic partnership programs. The incumbent will implement an evidence-based, data-driven approach towards creating and reviewing the effectiveness of communication plans, across media.
- Analysis of current e-mail marketing campaigns and proposed recommendations for improvement;
- Managing trigger e-mail campaigns throughout the client lifecycle in support of enrollment targets;
- Carrying out segmentation of the client populations and implementing remarketing strategies;
- A/B testing on various e-mail campaigns to establish effectiveness;
- Implementing success measures for marketing activities and presenting outcomes to team members;
- Creating and maintaining reports necessary to track the performance of campaigns;
- Ensuring all e-mail campaigns comply with current e-mail best practices in the industry;
- Collaborating with stakeholders to create content that engages our audiences through e-mail, social media and video;
- Maintain university branding standards for department print and electronic materials; and
- Provide limited writing and editing support for outbound communications, including e-mail campaigns, promotional materials, video projects and Web site content.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, public relations, business, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and communications, or a related field;
- Strong computer skills and experience with customer relationship management (CRM) systems, Salesforce (preferred);
- Social media expertise (e.g., Facebook, Twitter), preferably in a professional setting; and
- Evidence of excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and a keen attention to detail;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively; and
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines, and identify and manage project priorities independently.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02742z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.