The Digital Marketing Specialist – Email position leads the mass email function at the College of
Continuing Education. As part of overarching multi-channel lead generation and cultivation plans, this specialist manages, deploys, and analyzes complex email campaigns. Through campaign analysis, delivers actionable insight to Marketing managers about performance in order to ensure continuous improvements. Reports to the Associate Director of Marketing.
Manage email campaigns (70% of time)
1. Manage intake of email needs (review creative briefs and attend kick off meetings for new projects; gather request details for ongoing projects) and set up email projects in project management system.
2. Based on project need, gather accurate lists for email campaigns from Salesforce CRM, noncredit registration system, and other sources as needed. Use Salesforce Marketing Cloud connector or import lists into into Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
3.Secure needed assets – writing, images, video, templates, Web forms, etc. – from other members of the Marketing team on a schedule that ensures meeting project send dates.
4. Recommend changes to delivered assets as needed to ensure project’s strategic objectives, email best practices, and U/CCE branding guidelines are met.
5. Create emails in Salesforce Marketing Cloud based on communications expertise. Secure sign off. Schedule send.
Analyze email campaigns, tools, and best practices (15% of time)
1. Analyze results within and across campaigns. Document insights and share broadly to ensureteam-wide continuous improvement. Maintain email key performance indicators on department dashboard.
2.. Proactively research emerging email trends. Map changes needed (tools/processes/etc) to ensure CCE is always adhering to best practices. Work with supervisor to manage change.
Data integrity (15% of time)
1. Ensure integrity of email related data via leadership in projects such as Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud integration, managing unsubscribes and user preferences, etc.
2. Act as backup for Google Adwords specialist