NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Marketing Manager.
In this role, the successful candidate The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the development and implementation of 360-degree marketing for musculoskeletal services (orthopedics, rheumatology, rehabilitation) as well as emergency services and pain management. He/She will be the lead in driving the marketing plan for the assigned areas and will be the main point of contact for all materials developed and produced, obtaining approvals from the Director of Marketing, Senior Director of Advertising and Marketing and other business partners. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the incumbent will interact on a daily basis with leadership, faculty, and staff of these departments as well as his/her colleagues within Communications and Marketing in order to effectively develop and execute marketing initiatives aligned with the Medical Centers business objectives and which increase volume and protect and enhance the reputation of the assigned areas as well as the master brand (NYU Langone). The incumbent will also be responsible for interacting with outside vendors (e.g., graphic designers, copy editors, advertising and media agencies, etc.) on a regular basis.
- Marketing: Develop and implement strategic, research-based marketing plans for key strategic areas and other areas as assigned
- Manage all aspects of advertising and marketing projects from planning through analysis of results and compilations of executive summaries.
- Identify key audiences i.e., who is the target market and how should we be speaking to them and the most effective communication channels and tactics to reach them.
- Infuse new ideas and develop creative channels to distribute existing content, working alongside Communications and Marketing colleagues.
- Develop and write collateral print materials (e.g., brochures, annual reports), leading creative development process for all collateral with external vendors, including graphic designer(s) and printers.
- Work with Director of Marketing to develop programmatic advertising and branding projects, leading the development process and working closely with external agencies on creative development, media planning, etc.
- Manage internal approval processes for all advertising and marketing materials and initiatives
- Support community relations marketing events
- Develop and manage marketing project management dashboard/reporting
- Digital Marketing: Oversee strategic direction and day to day needs of search engine marketing plans (Google AdWords, etc.) for assigned areas and compile regular executive summary reports to be shared with key internal constituents.
- Work closely with digital communications team to develop new and innovative ways to extend reach and distribution of existing content.
- Strategic Planning: Work closely with clinical partners as well as Communications and Marketing colleagues (digital communications, internal communications, media relations, publications, etc.) to stay on top of business priorities, ensuring alignment of institutional and departmental marketing priorities and messages.
- Prepare and manage summary of marketing activity, as well as executive pre-caps and recaps of high visibility projects
- Budget and Management: Manage marketing budget and budget planning
To qualify you must have a General BA/BS degree required; masters preferred in Marketing. Minimum 6-8 years marketing and/or advertising experience for large, complex organization. Experience with hospital, health care delivery system, or health insurance industry preferred. Previous advertising, direct marketing and online marketing experience, including search engine marketing
Personal Skills: Ability to function successfully in a highly-matrixed complex organization. Strong verbal and written (writing, editing) communications skills. Strong interpersonal communications skills. Superior project management skills; ability to manage cross functional teams. Ability to develop effective messages aligned with goals of the organizations. Critical thinker, able to analyze a situation and use diplomacy and tact to effectively manage stakeholder needs and expectations. Creative self-starter; proactive; able to juggle multiple projects and follow through to completion; a problem-solver. Ability to exercise excellent judgment. Professional demeanor
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.