Marketing Research: Client Service, Marketing Research: Management, Marketing Research: Other
AARP Research is an integral part of Policy, Research and International (“PRI”) which includes AARP’s Thought Leadership group, the Public Policy Institute, the Office of International Affairs, and the Office of Policy Integration. The Vice President (VP) of Consumer Insights will lead a department with the larger Research organization of several issue-focused teams – financial resilience, health security, personal fulfillment, strategic & local issues, and brand and membership – comprised of highly skilled researchers working on a broad range of complex, prominent and high impact projects. The VP will shape and direct an agenda for the department focused on high ROI research that yields actionable insights and fosters innovative thinking about our consumers, both today and tomorrow. While insisting on the highest standards in conducting research and driving the growing reputation of AARP Research as a respected source of data and insights on the 50+, the VP will also be focused on driving a culture of curiosity and innovation within Research to bring in new methods and approaches for gathering and conveying complex consumer insights. As a key ambassador for AARP Research both internally and externally, they will be passionate about insights that drive impact and innovation and will facilitate strong client relationships and an external network of partnerships.
• PhD, MBA/MA or Bachelor’s degree in the social behavioral sciences, market research or related discipline
• 10 years relevant experience
• Thorough knowledge and command of research methodologies, techniques, and processes.
• Passionate about the pursuit of information and insight through public-opinion and marketing research.
• Strong understanding of financial planning and budgeting processes.
• Proven leadership skills and a management style that is effective with leading and developing highly skilled team members
• Self-awareness, emotional maturity, and a demonstrated ability to connect authentically with others.
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills with the ability to convey key takeaways simply and visually.
• Ability to understand and interpret the needs of target audiences, member segments and marketplace trends relevant to AARP.
• Ability to adapt to AARP's organizational culture.
• Creative and strategic thinker with a passion for excellence and continuous learning.
• Ability to demonstrate outstanding morale and team building skills.
• Ability to maintain a strategic view and enable others to share it.
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families suc...h as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.