At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens...
The Marketing Specialist, Coatings and Construction (1704211) is responsible for supporting externally facing marketing efforts for the Architectural Coatings, Construction & Fiber Bonding, Formulation Additives, and Paper Coatings Teams. This position collaborates cross-functionally with the marketing, sales, and technical teams to generate and disseminate marketing information to internal stakeholders, customers serviced both directly and through distribution, and the broader industry audience.
Formula for Success: You Will...
· Develop and execute an annual communications and media plan for the relevant market segments.
· Manage the development and external availability of all customer-facing marketing materials including new product launch materials, product and technology guides for market segments, advertising, trade show materials, and all other customer facing documents in electronic and printed media.
· In collaboration with Market Segment Managers, develop segment content strategy and design, serving as webmaster for segments' websites; define, measure, and report relevant engagement statistics and inform ongoing web strategy.
· Master internal customer relationship management (CRM) system; identify best practices for marketing data collection and analysis.
· Represent business teams in all external communication and advertising initiatives, including advertising and sponsorship purchases in trade journals, industry magazines, online websites, promotional events, etc.
· Create trade show strategy and execute related event tactics (show planning, coordination with external vendors, and show attendance) for business segments; own lead management following trade shows.
· Coordinate direct and distribution sales trainings for new product launches.
· Adhere to and promote the BASF brand; ensure all produced collateral meets corporate branding, legal and communications guidelines.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You...
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
*** This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.***
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the... current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.